Prospecting 101: Leads
Prospecting is tough for any sales professional. It is a long grueling process that takes time, energy and resources to build out lists, research leads, and qualify prospects prior to outreach. Does this sound familiar?
If so, I have put together a nice list of free resources for you to access data you would normally have to pay for. Instead of paying for lead lists, you can now access the proper data you need to do some outreach with a well-researched approach to qualify leads.
1. Side Kick: I love Sidekick from HubSpot's free version of their CRM, you gain access to SideKick. This allows me to determine if Bob, Billy or Brian opened that email I sent over to them. If it is time sensitive, I can ask the question, "Hey Bob, I saw you opened the email on 9/22/2017 at 4:18pm... Did you have any questions about the agreement, ebook, case study, link, etc?" You gain access to number of views, and much more.
2. Hunter: This is a great tool I like to use when browsing and researching my prospects. You can go to a URL, and click on the extension in Google Chrome and it will seek out all email addresses associated with this URL. I import the additional prospects into my email via CC when addressing my target prospect with language expressly explaining to forward on to the individual who may handle this if they're unable to provide you with information.
3. SetMore Appointment App: Yes this is an app you can integrate into any website, sync with your Google Calendar, Outlook, Office 365, Facebook, Instagram, Websites or CRM. Now, your customers can book appointments directly on any one of these platforms. This example is the "Book Now" button on my Facebook page, it will also be on my website, all email correspondence, text messages, Facebook posts, Instagram posts, articles written, and any other media platform I can access to encourage someone to schedule a free consultation with me.
4. Rapportive: This is a great tool to use in order to obtain additional information from your prospect on multiple social channels. I use in this example, Dave Robards, who is a Sales Manager at Cardone Technologies. I've watched multiple videos from him and was inspired by his approach. However, he was unable to close me, although I challenged him to close me in one call. It was fun. In short, you type in the email address into the email address line, and automatically you're afforded all of the information found through social media channels from Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Pinterest, among others.
5. Boomerang: This is also another gmail plugin you can access to help you schedule your emails to go out at a specific time on any particular day. This could be anything from automating your appointment reminders if you're not using a scheduling app, if you want to remind your significant other to pick up milk on the way home, automate the email. If you want to automate your prospecting emails to optimal times of the day - send out 100 emails in the morning from 7:00am to 8:00am and go about your day without ever having to set aside the "right" time or "right" place to send an email, as you'll have scheduled these to go out on a specific time.
Again, these are all cost-free tools you can access today to help you streamline your prospecting efforts to build out your very own goldmine of prospects in your sales funnel to market directly to. You'll have all of their information, as opposed to continuously calling the gatekeeper trying to get a phone call transferred with a live person on the other end, or an appointment scheduled. Now, you can utilize tools to help you reach your prospects on multiple levels. All too often, we try to engage in conversations on LinkedIn, via email, Facebook, phone calls or in-person office visits - sometimes these single strategies alone aren't enough. Utilize these tools to gain a better leverage to reach your prospect, engage in their social media by viewing their tweets, LinkedIn shares, Facebook posts, and many other platform content shares.
Business Growth Specialist
Superior Marketing Group
Curtis DeCora specializes in Business Development and Tribal Economic Development roles. Equipped with 10 years of experience in corporate sales, door-to-door sales, and outsourced sales - helping small businesses increase their sales and increase productivity.